In partnership with the Columbia-Willamette Workforce Collaborative (CWWC), which includes Workforce Southwest Washington and Clackamas Workforce Partnership, Worksystems is excited to announce the release of the Quality Jobs Framework for the Portland Metro region.
The Framework supports the Quality Jobs Initiative, an effort to define and standardize characteristics of a quality job including:
- A sufficient income to afford a decent standard of living.
- Safe and inclusive working conditions that offer employees dignity and respect while encouraging their workplace engagement.
- Predictable hours to minimize hardship on employees and their families.
- Comprehensive benefits that increase economic security and improve health and overall well-being.
- Accessible and transparent hiring and onboarding to ensure employers and employees are set for success.
- Training and advancement opportunities to build skills and access new roles and responsibilities.
The CWWC believes an equitable economic recovery must include strategies and actions that address long-standing inequities and economic disparities – something that is central to the Framework. Increase the number of quality jobs will help improve the regional economy for everyone, especially those hit hardest by the pandemic.