We are Worksystems, a non-profit organization that pursues and invests resources to improve the quality of the workforce in the City of Portland, as well as Multnomah and Washington counties. We are excited to announce the recruitment for a HR & JEDI Manager position for our organization.
The HR & JEDI Manager is a newly created position that is responsible for overseeing our Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (JEDI) initiatives and implementing the JEDI Plan. This position manages the human resources department and all related daily and strategic functions. This role also co-manages the HR Generalist & Office Manager position and reports to the Executive Director. Work is performed both on-site at our office located in Portland and remotely.
- Serve on the Worksystems JEDI Council and all relevant sub committees.
- Design company policies and strategies that reinforce justice, equity, diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
- Develop and implement HR strategies, policies, systems, tactics, procedures, and initiatives that foster and promote a positive work environment where all employees feel valued and included.
- Oversee and manage the recruitment, selection and onboarding processes.
- Oversee and manage the performance management and compensation systems.
- Oversee benefit administration and coordinate employee professional development.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to managers on best practices in staff supervision.
This position requires a minimum of 5 years of experience working as an HR Manager, HR Consultant, or other equivalent leadership role and work experience that demonstrates proficiency in the essential functions. A bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field and/or HR certification is a plus. Substantial work experience can substitute for a degree or certification. Experience managing a staff is helpful.
Other requirements include:
- Knowledge of JEDI issues and demonstrated experience in fostering an inclusive work environment.
- In-depth knowledge of labor and employment law and HR best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company.
- Demonstrated skills in coaching and mentoring.
- Demonstrated ability to architect strategy and policies.
- Must possess strong leadership, listening, negotiation, presentation, and communication skills and the ability to have difficult conversations.
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases. Knowledge of BambooHR a plus.
Please visit our website to learn about our JEDI work and charter.
The HR & JEDI Manager position is full-time, exempt, with a salary range of $84,546-$126,820 per year. We have a generous and comprehensive benefit package that includes medical and dental insurance, 401(K) with up to 6% employer match, flexible work environment, life insurance and disability coverage. Please see the job description below for more information on the postition.
Join Worksystems and make a difference in the community and in our organization!
Please send a brief cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Application materials must be received by April 28th for consideration. Cascade Employers Association is assisting with this recruitment.
Worksystems is an equal opportunity employer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com