Worksystems is an award-winning nonprofit organization serving Multnomah and Washington Counties and the City of Portland whose mission is to build and invest in a comprehensive workforce development system that supports individual prosperity and business competitiveness. We offer excellent compensation and benefits and an innovative work environment.
Join Worksystems and help make a difference!
We are recruiting for the key position of Senior Project Manager to join our Youth Services team.
The position will manage contracts for workforce development projects and initiatives targeted to youth (ages 16 – 24) who are out-of-school or at risk of dropping out and have barriers to successfully transitioning to post-secondary education and/or the workforce. This position will have a lead role in overseeing the largest summer youth employment program in the Northwest – SummerWorks. Familiarity and experience with Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), Secondary Education, Alternative Education, Career and College Preparation for high school students, or other types of employment training programs is preferred. Prior experience with summer youth employment, youth development programming or youth workforce programing is desired. Strong project management, communication and program development skills are required.
The successful candidate will be able to show a demonstrated ability to:
- Exhibit a strategic and integrative approach to managing multiple programs
- Interpret, communicate and implement complex policy and regulatory guidelines
- Develop and manage systemic approaches to the delivery of workforce development services
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders including community contractors, partnering agencies, and employers
- Thrive in a fast-paced and ever changing environment
- Be visionary and understand “big picture” concepts while maintaining strong attention to detail
See below for the full job description.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to: Worksystems, Attn: Human Resources, 1618 SW 1st Ave, Suite 450 Portland, OR 97201, or e-mail to email@example.com. Include the position name in the subject line.
First review of resumes will be May 28, 2019. Position open until filled.
Salary: $63,516 - $95,272