Worksystems is an award-winning nonprofit organization serving Multnomah and Washington Counties and the City of Portland. Our mission is to build and invest in a comprehensive workforce development system that supports individual prosperity and business competitiveness.
Join Worksystems and help make a difference!
Worksystems is currently recruiting for a dynamic and enthusiastic Workforce Investment Manager for Adult Services with excellent project management, communication, and program development skills. We offer excellent compensation and benefits, a desirable work environment, and a beautiful location in downtown Portland.
This position is responsible for the management of agency investments and projects to train job seekers for career track employment opportunities. The position engages a wide variety of community partners to inform workforce training and skill enhancement activities delivered through the public workforce system (WorkSource Portland Metro).
Salary range: $73,800 - $110,800
The successful candidate will be able to show a demonstrated ability to:
- Lead and manage multiple complex projects
- Interpret, communicate and implement policy and regulatory guidelines
- Develop and manage systemic approaches to delivery of workforce development services
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders including community contractors, partnering agencies, and employers
- Thrive in a fast-paced and ever changing environment
- Be visionary and understand “big picture” concepts while maintaining strong attention to detail
Please see below for a full job description.
Candidates must have:
- Bachelors degree in related field preferred, will consider substantial work experience in lieu of degree
- 5 or more years of experience managing programs and ability to demonstrate in depth knowledge of management, leadership, team development and planning skills
- Demonstrated successful experience implementing programs in the fields of education, training or workforce development
- Strong communication skills are required including facilitation and negotiation, conflict resolution, writing and public presentation
- Familiarity and experience with workforce development, employment, and/or training programs is desired
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to: Worksystems, Attn: Human Resources, 1618 SW 1st Ave, Suite 450 Portland, OR 97201, or e-mail to email@example.com.
First review of resumes will be October 27, 2017. Position open until filled. Worksystems is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive salary and benefits package.