Worksystems is an award-winning nonprofit organization serving Multnomah and Washington counties and the City of Portland whose mission is to build and invest in a comprehensive workforce development system that supports individual prosperity and business competitiveness. We offer excellent compensation and benefits and an innovative work environment.
Join Worksystems and make a difference!
The SQL Developer is responsible for using their knowledge of programming languages to design database applications. Duties include collaborating with the Information Systems team to understand needs and requirements, coding, and testing to ensure functionality and updating database applications to refine components like cybersecurity measures and data storage capacities. The position reports to the Director of Information Systems and takes technical direction from both the Database Administrator and the Information Systems Business Analyst.
The successful candidate will be able to show a demonstrated ability to:
- Ensure high levels of performance, efficiency, and security in developed solutions.
- Design and develop stored procedures, triggers and views using T-SQL
- Develop reports through SSRS
- Maintain database development coding standards
- Meet defined coding and data architecture standards
- Troubleshoot and diagnose database production issues including blocking and deadlocks
- Perform thorough unit/system testing and collaborate with application developers
- Develop specifications and programming logic to meet business requirements
- Analyze the feasibility of complex programming applications
- Design, code, test, debug and document SQL database procedures
- Document data system functionality
- Support DBA to implement enterprise database changes
- Transmit, migrate and translate data
- Diagnose routine problems and determine possible solutions
- Support/backup DBA
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Education requirements: Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred, will consider work experience in lieu of Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of three years’ SQL Developer experience
- Expertise in Microsoft SQL Server, T-SQL and SSRS
- Experience with tuning, refactoring and improving performance of queries
- Ability to write proficient views, queries, query optimization, triggers and stored procedures
- Ability to convey technical information to non-technical personnel
- Ability to plan and effectively communicate efforts to achieve objectives
- Ability to establish and meet designated timelines
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team player
- Experience in any of the following a plus: SSIS, XML, .NET and/or C#, database administration
NOTE: Due to COVID, we are currently working from home. It is anticipated that this position will be full-time remote, however some travel or in-person meetings may be required. Must be a resident of Oregon or Washington. Worksystems is a federal/state contractor. As such, we are subject to vaccine mandate(s) and follow the CDC guidelines for public health emergencies. Proof of being fully vaccinated in a requirement of employment.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to:
Worksystems, Attn: Human Resources, 1618 SW 1st Ave, Suite 450 Portland, OR 97201, or e-mail to email@example.com. See below for a full job description.
Position is open until filled. First review of resumes is January 3, 2022. Salary Range: $76k – $115k. Position is exempt.