Worksystems is an award-winning nonprofit organization serving Multnomah and Washington Counties and the City of Portland whose mission is to build and invest in a comprehensive workforce development system that supports individual prosperity and business competitiveness. We offer excellent compensation and benefits and an innovative work environment.
Join Worksystems and make a difference!
We are recruiting for the key position of Senior Project Manager to join our Sector Team. The position will be responsible for business engagement in the Manufacturing and Tech sectors. Additionally, the position will support workplace-based training programs such as paid internships, On-the-Job Training and registered apprenticeship in their designated sectors and others. Familiarity and experience with Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), Federal grant management, post-secondary education programs, knowledge of and/or experience in Manufacturing and Tech sectors, economic development, program alignment and capacity building across multiple organizations, and job development strategies are preferred.
We are looking for a candidate who can develop relationships with businesses to create strong linkages between sector employment opportunities and customers receiving career coaching and training services across an array of workforce programs. Successful candidates will be adept at understanding and supporting business needs while also meeting the job placement and industry intelligence needs of workforce system program staff working to connect job seeking customers with quality jobs. Strong project management, communication and program development skills are required.
The successful candidate will be able to show a demonstrated ability to:
- Engage with businesses using a consultative approach
- Align workforce system programs with the needs of manufacturers and tech businesses
- Champion workforce system programs and job seekers to hiring businesses
- Exhibit a strategic and integrative approach to managing multiple programs
- Interpret, communicate and implement complex policy and regulatory guidelines
- Develop and manage systemic approaches to the delivery of workforce development services
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders including community contractors, partnering agencies, and employers
- Thrive in a fast-paced and ever changing environment
- Be visionary and understand “big picture” concepts while maintaining strong attention to detail
NOTE: Due to COVID, we are currently working from home. A laptop, monitor, headset and $50 per month towards internet connection will be provided. Occasional in-office work may be necessary following all safety protocols for public health emergencies.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to:
Worksystems, Attn: Human Resources, 1618 SW 1st Ave, Suite 450 Portland, OR 97201, or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. See below for a full job description.
Position is open until filled. First review of resumes is May 7, 2021. Salary Range: $65k – $97k.