Worksystems, Inc. is a nonprofit organization serving the City of Portland, Multnomah, and Washington counties. Our mission is to build a comprehensive workforce development system that supports individual prosperity and business competitiveness.
The Project Coordinator supports the administration of workforce development projects and programs at Worksystems, the local workforce development board for the City of Portland, Multnomah, and Washington Counties.
In the Project Coordinator role, your primary responsibility will be supporting the Worksystems’ Program Manager Team in their program oversight, contract management, community engagement, monitoring and management of program performance.
This work includes:
- Assisting in project management processes, using detailed checklists, calendars, and project plans to help ensure that Worksystems stays on target with internal and funder timelines for administering funds and implementing programming.
- Providing quality control for work produced by Worksystems staff, including copy editing, spreadsheet functioning and legibility.
- Tracking contractor performance data in real time via online reporting systems and preparing summaries for Worksystems staff.
- Updating communication documents, including flyers and newsletters.
- Scheduling and managing logistics for meetings/events that include a diverse array of community partners.
This position requires strong organizational skills, excellent communication skills, the ability to use online data systems, a customer service orientation, and exceptional attention to detail, in particular - in documenting verbal instructions/ processes and in creating complete responses to internal and external requests.
We are looking for individuals who have:
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook) – In particular, Excel skills to include:
- Setting up budget formulas/Troubleshooting Excel budget formula errors
- Accurately entering data into Excel budgets and ability to review for errors
- Experience in building PIVOT tables, charts, and data analysis
- Relevant experience, and an interest in workforce development
- A desire to meet and achieve goals
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentations skills
- Effective problem-solving, time-management and organization skills
- Ability to maintain activity logs of hours, dollars, etc. (numeracy)
- Ability to execute error-free data entry
- Background in scheduling small and large meetings through email, Outlook, and online tools
- Strong skills in copy editing, including grammar, punctuation, and layout
- Proper phone and email etiquette
- Experience using Adobe Editor a plus
- Event coordination and planning experience a plus, including attendee registration management, tracking and follow-up a plus.
- Social Media Experience a plus (Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn)
Desirable Education and Experience: Associate's degree from accredited college or university or an equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Non-exempt Status, Pay Range: $27.57 – 39.97 per hr., DOE.
To Apply: Click on the link below and include a letter of interest, resume, and three professional references:
- First review of resumes will be 11/7/2022. Position is open until filled.
- Must live in the states of Oregon or Washington.
- Worksystems is an Equal Opportunity Employer