Worksystems, Inc. is a nonprofit organization serving the City of Portland, Multnomah and Washington counties. Our mission is to build a comprehensive workforce development system that supports individual prosperity and business competitiveness.
The Project Coordinator supports the administration of workforce development projects and programs at Worksystems, the local workforce development board for the City of Portland, Multnomah and Washington Counties.
We're looking for a detail-oriented person to support our Program Team!
In the Project Coordinator role, your primary responsibility will be supporting the Worksystems’ Program Manager Team in their program oversight, contract management, community engagement, monitoring and management of program performance. This work includes:
- Assisting in project management processes, using detailed checklists, calendars and project plans to help ensure that Worksystems stays on target with internal and funder timelines for administering funds and implementing programming.
- Providing quality control for work produced by Worksystems staff, including copy editing, spreadsheet functioning and legibility.
- Tracking contractor performance data in real time via online reporting systems and preparing summaries for Worksystems staff.
- Updating communication documents, including flyers and newsletters.
- Scheduling and helping to manage logistics for meetings and events that include a diverse array of community partners.
This position requires strong organizational skills, excellent communication skills, the ability to use online data systems, a customer service orientation, and exceptional attention to detail in particular in documenting verbal instructions and processes and in creating complete responses to internal and external requests.
We are looking for individuals who have:
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook) – In particular, Excel skills to include:
- Setting up budget formulas
- Troubleshooting Excel budget formula errors
- Accurately entering data into Excel budgets and ability to review for errors
- Experience in building PIVOT tables, charts and data analysis
- Relevant experience, and an interest in workforce development
- A desire to meet and achieve goals
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentations skills
- Effective problem-solving, time-management and organization skills
- Ability to maintain activity logs of hours, dollars, etc. (numeracy)
- Ability to execute error-free data entry
- Background in scheduling small and large meetings through email, Outlook and online tools
- Strong skills in copy editing, including grammar, punctuation and layout
- Proper phone and email etiquette
- Experience using Adobe Editor a plus
- Event coordination and planning experience a plus, including attendee registration management, tracking and follow-up.
- Social Media Experience a plus (Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn)
Desirable Education and Experience
Associates degree from accredited college or university or an equivalent combination of education and related experience.
Must be able to perform sedentary work and exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally; Must possess the visual acuity to perform extensive reading, conduct inspections and perform administrative, and computer work.
NOTE: Due to COVID, we are currently working from home. Worksystems is a federal/state contractor. As such, we are subject to vaccine mandate(s) and follow the CDC guidelines for public health emergencies. Proof of being fully vaccinated or an approved medical/religious exemption is a requirement of employment.
Send resume, letter of interest and three professional references to: email@example.com.
Pay range is $25.06 – 36.34 per hr., DOE. N6 Classification (non-exempt)
First review of resume’s will be 11/12/2021