Worksystems is an award-winning nonprofit organization serving Multnomah and Washington counties and the City of Portland whose mission is to build and invest in a comprehensive workforce development system that supports individual prosperity and business competitiveness. We offer excellent compensation and benefits and an innovative work environment.
Join Worksystems and make a difference!
The Junior Database Administrator is responsible for the design, development, support, security and maintenance of all of Worksystems’ enterprise SQL and Access databases. The Junior DBA works with the Worksystems IT/MIS Team to support Worksystems data requirements. The position reports to the Director of Information Systems and takes technical direction from both the Database Administrator and the Information Systems Business Analyst.
The successful candidate will be able to show a demonstrated ability to:
- Design and implement enterprise databases
- Develop specifications that meet business needs
- Design program logic to meet specifications
- Analyze the feasibility of complex programming applications
- Design, code, test, debug, and document SQL database procedures
- Document data system functionality
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Microsoft MCTS certification in Implementation and Maintenance and Database Development preferred.
- Minimum of three years’ experience developing, implementing, and supporting Microsoft SQL Server databases.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred, will consider work experience in lieu of Bachelor’s degree.
Successful candidate must have knowledge of:
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- SQL Server Notification Services
- SQL Server performance tuning including query optimization and indexing strategies
- Backup and recovery processes, principles, and practices.
- SQL Server systems administration
- SQL Server security best practices
- XML, XSD and XSLT
- .NET and C# programming experience a plus
NOTE: Due to COVID, we are currently working from home. Worksystems is a federal/state contractor. As such, we are subject to vaccine mandate(s) and follow the CDC guidelines for public health emergencies. Proof of being fully vaccinated in a requirement of employment.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to:
Worksystems, Attn: Human Resources, 1618 SW 1st Ave, Suite 450 Portland, OR 97201, or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. See below for a full job description.
Position is open until filled. First review of resumes is October 6, 2021. Salary Range: $66k – $99k. Position is exempt.