Worksystems is an award-winning nonprofit serving Multnomah and Washington Counties and the City of Portland whose mission is to build and invest in a comprehensive workforce development system that supports individual prosperity and business competitiveness. We play a critical role in helping job seekers get the training and support they need to get a good job or advance in their career.
We offer excellent compensation and a full suite of benefits including a Safe Harbor 401(k) plan with up to a 6% employer match, very generous PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, STD/LTD, annual Tri-met pass and much more! Worksystems provides a friendly, diverse, and highly collaborative work environment with a beautiful downtown Portland office location. We have a hybrid work model that allows for a mix of in-office and remote work options and we provide a laptop for home office use and financial support towards internet and cell phone. Worksystems is committed to supporting Justice, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion.
Join our team! Make a difference!
We are recruiting for 2 key Senior Project Manager positions to support the workforce needs of the Clean Energy and the Construction sectors. These positions will be responsible for developing relationships with businesses in these sectors to create strong linkages between employment opportunities and customers receiving training and career coaching across an array of publicly funded workforce programs. Successful candidates will be adept at understanding and supporting business needs while prioritizing connections to job seekers who identify as women, people of color, people with disabilities, and people who are chronically underemployed. These positions will also support work-based training programs such as paid internships, On-the-Job Training and registered apprenticeships.
Strong project management, communication and program development skills are required. Familiarity and experience with Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), Federal grant management, post-secondary education programs, economic development principles, program alignment and capacity building across multiple organizations, and job development strategies are preferred. Knowledge of and/or experience in the sector the candidate is applying for is also preferred.
The successful candidate will be able to show a demonstrated ability to:
- Engage with businesses and industry partners using a consultative approach.
- Understand racial equity and conditions affecting diverse communities to help identify and develop solutions to employment disparities.
- Familiarity with the intersection of workforce development and progressive social change practices, particularly in racial justice and related fields (e.g. poverty, labor/employment, criminal justice, immigration, education, health care, LGBTQ rights, etc.).
- Effectively manage multiple initiatives and oversee grant-funded and contracted deliverables.
- Facilitate groups with multiple stakeholders and interests.
- Understand the workforce needs of the sector including labor, registered apprenticeship, pre-apprenticeship, trade associations, and CTE programs.
- Align workforce system programs with the needs of sector businesses.
- Champion workforce system programs and job seekers to hiring businesses and registered apprenticeship programs.
- Exhibit a strategic and integrative approach to managing multiple programs.
- Interpret, communicate, and implement complex policy and regulatory guidelines.
- Develop and manage systemic approaches to the delivery of workforce development services.
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders including labor, trade associations, community contractors, partnering agencies, and employers.
- Thrive in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Be visionary and understand “big picture” concepts while maintaining strong attention to detail.
See the job description below for a full list of duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
NOTE: Worksystems is a federal/state contractor. As such, we are subject to vaccine mandate(s) and follow the CDC guidelines for public health emergencies. Proof of being fully vaccinated or an approved medical/religious exemption is a requirement of employment.
Click here to apply. Construction and Clean Energy Sector Leads (2 positions). Salary range is $66,000 - $99,000.
Please include resume, cover letter and three professional references. First review of resumes will be September 7, 2022. Position open until filled. Hybrid work location - Must live in the state of Oregon or Washington.
Worksystems is an Equal Opportunity Employer.