Worksystems is an $30 million nonprofit serving Multnomah and Washington counties and the City of Portland. We improve the quality of the workforce by delivering workforce development programs through our network of local partners. We are focused on building a regional workforce system that supports individual prosperity and business competitiveness.
Do work that matters! Worksystems is making a difference for employees and employers in the Portland Metro area.
As an Accountant at Worksystems, you will have:
- Competitive compensation and a full suite of generous benefits
- Ongoing training and career development
- Hybrid/remote work options
- Flexible schedule options
We are committed to Justice, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. Join our team!
As Accountant you will report to the CFO and be part of a seven member fiscal team. Our team values innovation and continually works to be more effective through technology and working smarter. As member of the fiscal team, your work will include review of subrecipient billing workbooks, preparation and update of billing templates, preparing and recording grant billings, and balance sheet reconciliations along with other duties. You will use your knowledge of GAAP and your analytical skills, and be able to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Two or more years’ experience, nonprofit experience desirable
- Solid knowledge of GAAP and accounting functions; fund accounting knowledge a plus
- Strong computer skills, coupled with initiative to fully utilize technology solutions
- Experience with Blackbaud Financial Edge software or other sophisticated accounting system
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong communication skill
NOTE: Due to COVID, we are currently working from home. Post-pandemic, Worksystems will adopt a hybrid/flexible work model. Worksystems is a federal/state contractor. As such, we are subject to vaccine mandate(s) and follow the CDC guidelines for public health emergencies. Proof of being fully vaccinated in a requirement of employment.
To apply, email a letter of interest, resume, and three professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salary range is $58,000 – $87,000. This is an exempt position. See below for a full job description.
First review of resumes will be 2/28/2022