Worksystems is an award-winning nonprofit organization serving Multnomah and Washington Counties and the City of Portland. Our mission is to build and invest in a comprehensive workforce development system that supports individual prosperity and business competitiveness.
Gain job satisfaction knowing your work is making a difference for employees and employers in the Portland-Metro Community!
We’re looking for a detail-oriented, enthusiastic and highly productive Accountant. Worksystems offers competitive compensation and a full-suite of generous benefits, desirable work environment, and a beautiful location in downtown Portland.
The Accountant reports to the CFO and is part of a six-member Fiscal team. They will perform a variety of accounting duties with a high-volume of transactions on a daily, monthly, quarterly and annual schedule. This work requires knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), strong analytical skills, and the ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Two or more years of hands-on accounting experience using a complex cost/fund accounting system
- Thorough knowledge of GAAP, cost and/or fund accounting principles, and general laws regulating fiscal operations.
- Experience working for a non-profit and/or with Federal grant funding
- Strong computer skills, including intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Experience with Blackbaud/Financial Edge software a plus
- Accuracy, attention to detail, and proficiency processing a high volume of work
To apply, submit a letter of interest, resume, and three professional references to: Worksystems, Attn: Human Resources, 1618 SW 1st Ave, Suite 450 Portland, OR 97201, or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
First review of resumes will be May 20, 2019 (Position is open until filled)
FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary Range: $55,858 - $83,786