Worksystems is an award-winning nonprofit organization serving Multnomah and Washington Counties and the City of Portland. Our mission is to build and invest in a comprehensive workforce development system that supports individual prosperity and business competitiveness.
Join Worksystems and make a real difference!
Worksystems is currently recruiting for a Senior Level Accountant with exceptional grant accounting experience and fund accounting skills to support the fiscal needs of our $30 million non-profit. Our resources include over 75 funding sources including federal, state, local, private, and competitive grants, that ultimately provide training programs in the Portland Metro Area.
We offer excellent compensation and full suite of benefits including a Safe Harbor 401K plan with up to 6% match, very generous PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, STD/LTD Insurance, annual Tri-met Pass and much more! Worksystems provides a friendly, diverse, and highly collaborative work environment with a beautiful location in downtown Portland. We are in the business of helping people find rewarding work and understand what keeps employees motivated, engaged and productive. Your work will be rewarding as you see the positive outcomes our organization facilitates in the Portland Metro Area.
The Senior Accountant reports to the CFO and performs complex accounting activities and financial analysis, including assisting with the monthly close of general ledger, fiscal monitoring of sub-recipients, client billing while ensuring compliance with GAAP and regulatory requirements.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Monitor monthly and annual close processes
- Review and perform accounting transactions including journal entries, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and cost allocations
- Monitor grant and cost-center accounting, ensuring expenditures are aligned with budgets
- Develop financial reports and analysis to meet grantor reporting requirements
- Implement improvements to processes and procedures
- Prepare audit schedules and related deliverables
- Thrive in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
Candidates must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field.
- Five or more years of hands-on accounting experience, at least three of which shall include managing a complex cost/fund accounting system.
- Thorough knowledge of GAAP, grant accounting, cost and/or fund accounting principles, and general laws regulating fiscal operations.
- Thorough accounting software knowledge including familiarity with BlackBaud/Financial Edge, MIP, or other non-profit financial reporting software.
- Ability to implement financial software integration of new modules and/or ancillary software as we bring them online.
- Advanced level Excel skills.
See full job description below.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to: Worksystems, Attn: Human Resources, 1618 SW 1st Ave, Suite 450 Portland, OR 97201, or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
First review of resumes will be September 29, 2017. Position open until filled. Salary Range: $63,516 - $95,272.